- What are the key pillars required to develop a plant-based protein to meet the food industry’s needs? Which sources show most promise of addressing these?
- How is AI transforming the process of finding new suitable plant-based sources of proteins?
- What innovative approaches are emerging to overcome the scaling challenge at pace? What is the potential for already scaled plant oil crops, such as sunflower and canola, to meet protein demand affordably? Where can collaboration and investment accelerate the process?
Two innovative technology companies present their disruptive solutions for the plant-based space.
- How are food industry corporates responding to the growing demand for plant-based proteins, and what innovation strategies have been successful when incorporating these new products into their portfolios?
- What do the next generation of plant-based products look like? What is beyond plant-based processed-meat replacements? What innovation is occurring to improve the taste and texture of plant-based products to make them more desirable to the consumer?
- What innovative methods are improving the nutrient bioavailability of plant-based proteins, compared with animal protein products? What are the opportunities for fermentation?
- What are the opportunities for plant-based ingredients to deliver necessary fibre and micronutrients, and address the bulking challenge in sugar replacement?
- How can the industry capitalise on these opportunities and what innovation is already taking place? What are the key challenges and what is needed to overcome these?
One of the most interactive sessions of the program. The roundtable discussion groups are hosted by an industry expert and offer you a valuable opportunity to network, brainstorm solutions and share ideas with your peers on the topics discussed earlier in the day.