Sophie Buck, Conference Producer, RETHINK EVENTS
Dariush Ajami, Chief Innovation Officer, BEYOND MEAT
David Welch, Chief Science & Technology Officer, THE GOOD FOOD INSTITUTE
- What are the key pillars required to develop a plant-based protein to meet the food industry’s needs? Which sources show most promise of addressing these?
- How is technology transforming the process of finding and developing new suitable plant-based sources of proteins?
- What innovative approaches are emerging to overcome the scaling challenge at pace? What is the potential for already scaled plant oil crops, such as sunflower and canola, to meet protein demand affordably? Where can collaboration and investment accelerate the process?
David Welch, Chief Science and Technology Officer, THE GOOD FOOD INSTITUTE
Fayaz Khazi, CEO, ELO LIFE SYSTEMS
Bill Aimutis, Executive Director, NC FOOD INNOVATION LAB
Matthew Jacobs, Global Product Line Leader – Plant Proteins, Texturizers & Specialties, CARGILL
Michele Fite, CCO, MOTIF INGREDIENTS
- How are food industry corporates responding to the growing demand for plant-based proteins, and what innovation strategies have been successful when incorporating these new products into their portfolios?
- What do the next generation of plant-based products look like? What is beyond plant-based processed-meat replacements? What innovation is occurring to improve the taste and texture of plant-based products to make them more desirable to the consumer?
- What innovative methods are improving the nutrient bioavailability of plant-based proteins, compared with animal protein products? What are the opportunities for fermentation?
Andrew Ive, Co-Founder & Managing Director, BIG IDEA VENTURES
Melissa Cash, Head of Global Marketing, Strategy & Innovation for Plant-Based Protein & Natural Brands, THE KELLOGG COMPANY
David Benzaquen, CEO, OCEAN HUGGER FOODS
Anne Marie Butler, R&D Applications Manager, Europe, EDLONG CORPORATION
Greg Hocking, Vice President, R&D Platforms, PEPSICO
- What are the opportunities for plant-based ingredients to deliver necessary fibre and micronutrients, and address the bulking challenge in sugar replacement?
- How can the industry capitalize on these opportunities and what innovation is already taking place? What are the key challenges and what is needed to overcome these?
Sofia Elizondo, COO & Co-Founder, BRIGHTSEED
Tom Burrows, CEO, BLUE PRAIRIE BRANDS
One of the most interactive sessions of the program. The group discussion offer you a valuable opportunity to network, brainstorm solutions and share ideas with your peers on the topics discussed earlier in the day on roundtables before feeding back to the group.
1. Plant-based proteins are a niche product primarily for affluent foodies and will never replace animal protein consumption globally. Discuss.
2. Plant-based meat substitutes are a global health crisis waiting to happen. Discuss.
3. Done sustainably, livestock farming can utilize crop waste, restore soils and biodiversity, and sequester carbon. The issue is intensive, unsustainable farming, not animal products. Discuss.