About the Summit
The Future Food-Tech Summit focuses on the technology, innovation and investment that is transforming the dynamics of the food sector. A leading international networking and business focused event, it brings together active investors, entrepreneurs and major food brands to showcase solutions, share ideas and create new alliances. Hosted in New York, San Francisco and London, the summit highlights the most urgent opportunities for innovation in the downstream food industry.
With rapidly growing urban populations, shrinking availability of agricultural land, a rise in demand for organic and sustainable products, and the need to respond to issues like obesity, diabetes and allergies – the food sector faces unprecedented challenges. But with that comes an extraordinary opportunity to rethink the food system in its various aspects.
In June 2018, 330+ global food leaders gathered in New York to explore the rapidly evolving landscape of plant-based and alternative proteins, innovative ingredients, personalization, collaborative innovation models, food safety and supply chain distribution; featuring 50 game-changing speakers and the most ground-breaking startups entering the market.
2018’s summit welcomed:
- Innovation & Investment: Innovation models accelerating future food
- Distribution: Rethinking the global supply chain with emerging solutions
- Ingredient Innovation: The realities of achieving clean label
- Smart Food: Connectivity, AI, robotics and machine learning
- Food Safety & Transparency: Restoring trust in the food system
- Genetically Engineered: Addressing the challenges facing our future food system
- Alternative Proteins: Championing a plant-based diet for better health
- Personalization: Big questions concerning the holy grail of optimal nutrition
- Tackling Waste: Food loss and waste across production, distribution and consumption